Do you want more even and younger skin? Or do you even struggle with acne? A fruit acid peeling can if used correctly. You can find out how it works, what it costs, and whether you can do it yourself at home.
Table of Contents
- What is a fruit acid peeling?
- Who is the fruit acid peeling suitable for?
- Side effects and initial worsening
- Fruit acid peeling at the beautician
- The cost of a fruit acid peel
- Before and after
- The alternative: fruit acid peeling at home
- What is a fruit acid peeling?
These natural beauty wonders are in a fruit acid peeling.
Depending on the selected substances and the mixing ratio, the acidity in the fruit acid peeling can vary widely and can range from a few percents to over 70 percent. Which acidity level is right for you in the fruit acid peeling depends on the sensitivity of your skin. A beautician can help you find the right ratio for your skin.
Who is the fruit acid peeling suitable for?
A fruit acid peeling is useful for acne. some cases can even eliminate all complaints associated with skin disease.
- Acne & acne scars
- Inflammation of the skin
- Large-pored skin
- Pigment spots
- Dull, rough complexion
- Small folds
Certain ingredients in the fruit acid peeling accelerate this process by making your skin cells divide themselves faster.
Side effects and initial worsening
If your skin is very sensitive and you quickly develop scars or pigment disorders, you should definitely avoid a fruit acid peeling.
Fruit acid peeling at the beautician
This way, the fruit acid peeling can penetrate your skin even better and work there effectively.
Here experts differentiate between a surface peeling, a medium, and a deep peeling.
- The fruit acid peeling is applied to your skin with a brush – unfortunately, there may be a slight burning sensation.
- Don’t worry, the beautician can take countermeasures with a special skin relaxation solution.
- There may also be a feeling of heat, redness, scabbing or short-term acne formation. The skin can itch and flake, one speaks of the initial deterioration.
- If there is an unpleasant side effect during or after your fruit acid peeling, your beautician can help you with creams, lotions and the like.
- The fruit acid peeling is repeated several times, usually between six and ten treatments, each 14 days apart.
The cost of a fruit acid peel
The costs for treatment are between 60 and 100 euros.
A beautician or dermatologist can do a professional fruit acid peel
The light chemical peel recovery time for the face…
HOW DOES A CHEMICAL PEEL WORK?
In a chemical peel, an acidic agent has applied to the skin to de-scale the sun-damaged skin and thickened skin surface and stimulate collagen production for firmer skin. Learn more here.
WHAT DOES A PEELING NOT DO?
- Visibly removes red capillaries in the face.
- Reduces the extent of enlarged pores.
- Reduces the visibility of scars.
- Has the effect of a facelift.
WHAT CAN A SCRUB DO?
- Smoothes your skin and makes wrinkles less visible.
- Reduces brown spots and an uneven complexion.
- Leaves your skin looking younger and refreshed.
- Stimulates collagen production for a firmer skin (visible with regular use after 6-8 weeks).
RISKS OF SCRUBS
PEELS WITH ALPHA HYDROXY ACID (AHA)
- It contains glycolic acid.
- It is classified as superficial or middle peeling (depending on the concentration, which can vary between 30% and 70%).
- Ideal for improving skin texture.
- Stimulates collagen production.
- Reduces brown spots and fine acne scars.
- Peels have to be used regularly to achieve optimal results.
- Repeated peels used by cosmeticians and skin therapists with lower concentrations (between 20% and 30%) are necessary to get the results.
Please note: After an AHA & BHA peel you should use a product with a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily (preferably with the active ingredients titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) to protect your skin optimally against the sun.
PEELS WITH SALICYLIC ACID (BHA)
- Salicylic acid is closely related to acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) and has the same anti-inflammatory properties.
- Skin irritation and inflammation are minimized thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of BHA.
Please note: Some people with rosacea-sensitive skin do not tolerate salicylic acid well.
WHAT ABOUT USING SCRUBS AT HOME?
We can not stress enough that the concentrated peels that you can order online and use at home are potentially dangerous. Your skin can be seriously damaged. Be forewarned, get professional advice on peeling, and get treated by a skin specialist.
Our scrubs contain low concentrations of AHA and BHA, which guarantee safe home use. And what’s even better: Your skin will thank you forever. It’s a nice addition and can extend the results of a professional peeling. Try out which peeling works best for you (in terms of texture, concentration, AHA or BHA) or consult our skin care expert.
Chemical peeling – the chemical route
Fruit Acid, Trichloroacetic Acid, Phenols, Resorcinol and Combinations
Similar changes on the skin cause skin conditions like acne. Here are the typical scars and pigmentation in the foreground.
- coarse-pored skin
- open and closed comedones
- skin aging
- dull, dull, rough complexion
This method, removed by applying a specific chemical solution to the surface of the skin cell layers different intensively. The subsequent controlled wound healing process results in fresh skin (rejuvenation).
To prepare the damaged skin for the procedure, one uses a combination of fruit acids, Retin A creams, and bleaching substances.
Anesthesia is not necessary, the occurring redness usually disappears on the same day. After 1-4 days the return to a normal activity is possible. (Weekend engagement)
the chemical peeling not be used?
The chemical peeling must not be used with:
- recurrent herpes infections
- The tendency to increased scarring
- A tendency to increased or decreased pigment formation
- Allergy to the fruit acid-containing substances used
- with expected stronger UV irradiation after treatment
- No makeup or perfume
- The skin should first be cleansed with a mild soap
- The exfoliating solution is applied weekly to 14-day intervals
- Start with a low concentration of the solution, usually 20%
- Thinly applied with a brush on the affected skin areas
- After 1 – 5 minutes, a slight burning sensation occurs on the skin, which is immediately
- Neutralized with a buffer solution
- The number of scrubs depends on the skin type and the target and is on average 6 – 10 X.
The selection of the concentration of the exfoliating solution is based on the degree of irritation of the skin.
After the procedure
Depending on your skin type and the type of peel, local aftercare is prescribed. The peels are usually carried out in low-light time.
Chemical peeling is the most common aesthetic dermatological method used today. Over the superficial repair of summer light damage up to the correction of wrinkles and pigment displacements, many applications are possible and promising.
In the curative area, the removal of skin cancer precursors, benign lesions are quite possible.
Even in ancient times, women have come up with a means of rejuvenation.
They used a Cleopatra who was cleaning the body with the help of special baths.
Lifestyle and poor environmental situation have a negative impact on appearance. Skin cleansing with exfoliation allows without surgery to improve the tone and elasticity, smooth out wrinkles, remove traces of various defects.
Affects the deeper layers of the skin and gives a noticeable effect. Most use salicylic, lactic, retinoic, glycolic acid.
This is the most painless procedure after which the remains slight reddening & one of the most benign options glycolic peels. After a few sessions lined complexion, fade scars from acne.
The Median Peeling
Affects the deeper layers of the epidermis and dermis reaches the capillary & Corrects age-related changes of the skin, stretch marks and deep wrinkles & Exposure of the skin causes severe redness and subsequent formation of the crust. Patients need a rehabilitation period, using special tools that accelerate the process of skin regeneration.
Middle peeling preceded preparations. The patient has prescribed means to stimulate the production of melanin, leveling agents and creams with light protective filters.
Allows you to get rid of wrinkles stretch marks and scars, eliminates other defects. After laser resurfacing the surface is perfectly smooth, begins active development of collagen which lasts for several months.
Redness disappears within a week.