Get face shape inspiration from these cool long hairstyles 2021! Do you have long hair that you cherish and care for and mostly wear open? That’s nice, but maybe a little boring at times.
Then you should definitely read on! Because with small changes in the cut or creative hairstyling, long hair is never boring again. We have tips, trending hairstyles, and styling ideas for long haircuts.
Haircare for long hairstyles 2021
The right hair care is the be-all and end-all for every hair length. But with long hairstyles, you should pay particular attention to hair care.
Environmental and styling influences such as washing hair, blow-drying, straightening, UV light, or seawater can really affect our mane.
Before your hair called a long hairstyle, it has to grow for a full 5-6 years – during this time your mane will have endured a lot.
So that you don’t have to part with your long hairstyle because every single strand of hair strained…
we have valuable tips for caring for long hair:
- Brush your hair well before washing. This removes styling residues and detangles the hair at the same time
- For the hairbrush, choose a product with natural bristles
- Make sure your hair shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment tailored to the needs of your hair. Here you can also consult the hairdresser if you are unsure
- Make sure that the water temperature is not too warm. This attacks the hair’s natural protective film
- After washing your hair with cold water, brush it off – this will give your hair shine
- If you work with heat when styling (straightening iron, hairdryer, curling iron), you should definitely use heat protection beforehand
- Rely on spiral hair ties like invisibobbles – this is how you prevent hair breakage
How does my hair grow faster?
Average hair growth is around 1 to 1.5 centimeters per month – around 12 to 15 centimeters per year. But can you actually accelerate hair growth?
Yes and no. There is no one cure-all that leads directly to faster hair growth for everyone. And the maximum length of your hair also genetically determined.
Nevertheless, there a lot that done to make hair look fuller, stronger, and healthier.
Here are tips for faster hair growth.
Which long hairstyle suits me?
This differs from face shape to face shape and is therefore difficult to answer. It is best to stop by a hairdresser beforehand and ask for style advice – or take an online test like this one.
How do I get more volume in my long hairstyle?
The longer the hair, the heavier it logically becomes. Especially in people with thinner hair, the mane tends to hang flat on the head. So how do you get more volume in your long hairstyle? There are some tricks and tips for doing this.
- Volumizing foam can give your hair more curl. With mousse, however, you should be careful not to use too much and only apply it to towel-dried hair at the hairline.
- Also, volume powder gives your hair more grip and fullness. Be sure to carefully section your hair and distribute the powder under the hair right at the roots.
- You can also do a lot in terms of volume for your hair when blow-drying. Blow-dry the mane strand by strand using a large round brush by placing it close to the hairline and wrapping the strand over it. Go over it briefly with the hairdryer and then let the strand cool down completely. Only then pull out the brush.
Brush or comb? Which is better for long hair?
There is no specific rule that says that you should use a brush or a comb. But of course, there are differences in use. With the help of the parallel prongs, the comb removes the hair knots more precisely.
In contrast to the hairbrush, only individual strands are freed from knots here. If you have particularly long, full hair, you should use a coarse-toothed comb.
Brushes, on the other hand, have the task of untangling as many strands of hair as possible at once. In contrast to the comb, there is an immensely large selection of different bristle materials for brushes.
These range from plastic to natural hair. If you have long, full hair, you should use a paddle brush. This hairbrush modeled on a paddle. It grips and untangles several strands of hair at once. If you want more volume, you can help with blow-drying with a round brush.
In the end, you decide for yourself whether you use the comb or the brush. Just make it depend on what you’re getting on better with.
Long hairstyles for different occasions
If long hairstyles are one thing, it is versatile. The occasions for which long hairstyles can be styled are just as multifaceted. We give three examples here:
- Prom: Long hair is fantastically beautiful and is particularly great on noble occasions, such as the prom. You can either braid your long hairstyle into a long, side braid for the prom or upgrade it with a headband.
- Date: Of course, you also style yourself accordingly on romantic dates. Whether with a blouse or a dress: you can give your hair a few beach waves for this occasion!
- School / Uni: If you are out all day, long hair can be annoying. In that case, you can do a nice bun or braid your hair into a braid or two. Or you can also grab a headband that keeps annoying hair out of your face!
Which long hairstyle is suitable for beginners?
Beginners who do not yet dare to do the elaborate and quite complicated hairstyles can start with a simple ponytail and decorate it with hair accessories.
An eye-catching elastic band with metal elements, a couple of pearl hair clips, or a strand of hair that tied around the pigtail make every hairstyle, no matter how simple, look really cool.
Even a simple braid braided in no time and immediately makes you look lavishly styled. Hairstyle beginners can also simply vary the position of the parting and create a new hairstyle super easy.
We think: With long hairstyles, less is often even more!
Accessories for long hairstyles
Long hair can be wonderfully embellished with accessories. For example, you can fix your bun with a bobby pin instead of using an elastic band or hold your half bun with a clamp. If you have long hair that is open, individual strands can be fixed to the side of the head with a swing, thus preventing them from flying around on your face.
Do you know head rubbers to which two narrow towels are attached? They give the appearance of a silk scarf tied to your head. This look looks great on long hairstyles too!
Which long hairstyle suits which face shape?
Round face shape
Long hair goes very well with round face shapes because the hairstyle also stretches the round face. It doesn’t matter whether you style your hair wavy or straight, everything suits you if you have a round face!
A step cut fits just as well and plays around the round face shape very nicely. If you want, you can have fringed or angled bangs cut. Straight bangs are rather unfavorable on a round face.
Oval face shape
Anyone with an oval face can wear almost anything! With an oval face shape, all haircuts and hairstyles look amazing. So nothing stands in the way of a long hairstyle. Style them the way you like it best because you look great with every hairstyle!
Trapezoidal face shape
The trapezoidal face has the following characteristics: The jawbones are slightly wider than your forehead area. You look like long hair when you’ve straightened it and cut a deep fringe. But you can also wear a parting in the middle and style your hair wavy.
Heart-shaped face shape
With a heart-shaped face, the forehead is wider than the chin. The chin is very prominent and pointed. Therefore, long hairstyles with the middle part are particularly good.
Square face shape
A square face has angular features. The face here is as wide as it is high. Therefore, we recommend loose hairstyles that hide the facial features and make them softer.